Saturday, August 14, 2010

Return to Treasure Island by John Woods


Feel the sea mist in your face as you take off from a small village to the high seas in the (return) adventure of the life time. 1890s, old friends and new friends. Each time I picked up the book I was excited to meet up with my friends again - friends you like but would you trust them? Probably not all of them. The story line was so gripping...what would I do in this situation? I hadn't read Treasure Island prior to this book, ok, so I stopped reading this book and read the original story, and then finished this book. I'm not a pirate type person, this being my first pirate book, I was surprised by how tough this life style was. Who is the bigger liar? Who can be trusted? So many questions I had. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. What a great story teller is John O'Melveny Wood. 'And you can lay to that., as Long John Silver would say.

-Deena

No comments:

Post a Comment