Monday, August 9, 2010

Gifted (Series) by Marilyn Kaye


This series for ages 10 years and up is every bit exciting as the older social-type books for high schoolers, yet this series is toned down for the younger crowd. It begins in a high school, in a special class for gifted students. This class is very secretive. The general public believes its for high achieving students, but once you're inside the class you realize real quick that these gifts are not academic...rather they are super-natural gifts -- that the students don't know how to control or properly use. While there is no commarderie in the class, the students slowly see how working together helps hone their skills. This series is high energy, action packed and full of everyday social issues students deal with--as well as situations that no one would ever deal with, unless of course you find yourself in a "GIFTED" class such as this. I highly recommend this page turning-thriller to middle schoolers, even avid readers in 4th and 5th grade.

-Deena

2 comments:

  1. I Loved all these books they are so incredibly awesome , I hope I could find more of these books here at my place , I only have Book 5 and Book 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read books 1 to 4 they are amazing

    ReplyDelete